Skip to main content

Made Mystic with Motion

From my bedroom window I can see over the small valley that is Lower Bourne in Surrey UK and yesterday there was a beautiful sunset. It was lovely as a village scene in Surrey but by moving the camera during this 2 second exposure it has given me this wonderful mystic scene reminiscent of some far flung mountains. I moved the camera down and at the same time from side to side forming the swirling shapes from the tree line. I enhanced the colours in post processing to bring out the warmth of the scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bending Trees

I created a image called growing towards the light. See it here  using freehand movement of the camera. I wanted to revisit this concept with my new Sony A7mkii which I've now had for several months. This time, however, I wanted to use a tripod and 2 heads to give me more consistent movement. This image below is one of the results of that shoot. I had to adjust the various angles of the set up to give me the picture I wanted and this is one of the ones I really like. More thoughts on the Sony A7mkii another time. I'd love to hear your comments. Simon

Gold Leaf

I've just put a new picture called "Gold Leaf" in my Motion Emotion gallery. It's a piece that I created using camera movement and flash to give both blurred and sharp parts to the picture. The leaves have a great sheen to them and seem to nestle in the gold mist created by the movement. Go to the gallery here